pullet layed her first egg

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by ksmith, Jul 22, 2010.

1. ksmith

ksmith Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2010
    Nor Cal
    My 5 month old buff orpington pullet layed her first egg yesterday (July 21, 2010), at about 3:30pm. I know that hens lay eggs every 26 hourrs, but when they first lay how often do they lay?? thanks!! I wish I could post some pictures but cant figure out how:( sorry

2. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

3. ksmith

ksmith Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2010
    Nor Cal
    Thank you so much!
    [​IMG]
    first egg!!

[​IMG]

4. chuckzoo

chuckzoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2009
    Tuscaloosa, Alabama
    Congrats!

5. trunkman

trunkman Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 26, 2009
    Rock Hill SC
    congrats!!!! [​IMG]

6. 2xchickenfarm

2xchickenfarm Out Of The Brooder

Apr 18, 2010
    Bath PA
    Congrats. Two of mine just started laying last week. One just about every other day and the other today was her second egg. I have 12 hens, and they are 16 weeks old. These chickens actually seem not as smart as the ones I had in the past. One instist on laying outside, now I got the other one to lay in the nest. I put plastic eggs in all the nest. Some of the others should start laying soon. Can't wait. I made my husband eggs the other day, and three eggs he only needed 1/2 of piece of toast. Can't wait until they get bigger yolks.

7. cluckiemama

cluckiemama Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2010
    ok- am starting to get worried. I have six 6 month old chickens. We got one egg last Friday (6 days ago) and NONE since! That egg was in the box in the coop- I suppose I could search around the yard some.

Where are my eggs????!!!! [​IMG]:weee

8. our 5 chickie babies

our 5 chickie babies Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2010
    Hello and CONGRATS!!! we are still waiting and since we are new to chickens we of course are getting really excited.Our babies are only 15 weks old so probably will be a little longer..ENJOY!!!!
    JIM&LINDY

9. Beth G.

Beth G. Gaetano Family Farm

[​IMG]
    Congrats

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by