Pullet missing

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by PAchickenlover, Jul 14, 2011.

1. PAchickenlover

PAchickenlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2011
    York
    [​IMG] One of my Speckled Sussex didn;t come back to the coop tonight. I spent a couple of hours tredging through our 5 acres of woods. I don't think she would have gone into the field which is another 5 1/2 acres. But I don't know where she could have gotten to. I am so upset this is the first time I have came upon this problem [​IMG]. I left our big back pole light on. I know that chickens will not generally move in the dark but I am hopeing that she will find or come home. I even had our two dogs out with us for a while trying to see if they could help me to locate her. I guess all I can do now is to hope that she is up in a tree some where that most predators won't or can't get to her. Ugg [​IMG] this is soo frustrating. atleast I didn't find a pile of feathers anywhere so I guess there is hope....... [​IMG]

2. nivtup

nivtup Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    Shelton Washington
    Lets hope she is sitting on eggs somewhere......

3. PAchickenlover

Jun 29, 2011
    York
    We still can't find her. Even had the dogs out this morning combing our woods. They "flushed out" all of the other hidden chickens but not her..[​IMG]

4. PAchickenlover

Jun 29, 2011
    York
    She was just hatched out this spring. Can a pullet of this age go Broody????? Have you ever herd of a Speckled Sussex going broody this early?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by