Pullet or Cockerel? Help!

AzChickMama

Chirping
Jun 8, 2021
Phoenix Arizona
Hello everyone! We hatched chicks that were various breeds and we had 4 that were the same as this one but looked different and crowed. This one has thrown us off and we have been unable to figure out if it's a pullet or Cockerel. I have not seen her crow and she runs from our Rhode Island red cockerel.

We are desperately hoping a pullet as we have already rehome 3 about to be 4 cockerels as we can't have more than 1 and we do not have enough hens either.

She is suppose to be a Chocolate Cuckoo Orpington x Buff Brahma.

Her waddles are big but her comb is MUCH smaller than the other three cockerels that were the same mix.

Oh I guess age helps as well. 15 weeks old.

🙏🏻pullet

Attachments

• FF501A2E-DC75-419E-A49E-25A92F4826C1.jpeg
    FF501A2E-DC75-419E-A49E-25A92F4826C1.jpeg
    621.7 KB · Views: 32
  • D1EA9DBB-24BE-4585-8D24-BB0D71521FA1.jpeg
    D1EA9DBB-24BE-4585-8D24-BB0D71521FA1.jpeg
    609.4 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Hello everyone! We hatched chicks that were various breeds and we had 4 that were the same as this one but looked different and crowed. This one has thrown us off and we have been unable to figure out if it's a pullet or Cockeral. I have not seen her crow and she runs from our Rhode Island red cockeral.

We are desperately hoping a pullet as we have already rehome 3 about to be 4 cockerals as we can't have more than 1 and we do not have enough hens either.

Her waddles are big but her comb is MUCH smaller than the other three cockerals that were the same mix.

🙏🏻pullet
I am guessing a cockerel. @cherrynberry

Hello everyone! We hatched chicks that were various breeds and we had 4 that were the same as this one but looked different and crowed. This one has thrown us off and we have been unable to figure out if it's a pullet or Cockeral. I have not seen her crow and she runs from our Rhode Island red cockeral.

We are desperately hoping a pullet as we have already rehome 3 about to be 4 cockerals as we can't have more than 1 and we do not have enough hens either.

Her waddles are big but her comb is MUCH smaller than the other three cockerals that were the same mix.

🙏🏻pullet
Definite COCKEREL!

Back
Top Bottom