Pullet or Cockerel? 6 Week Old Australorp

Is Betty Lou, the 6 Week Old Australorp, a Pullet or Cockerel?

• Pullet

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Cockerel

Votes: 7 87.5%

• Total voters

WheelerFlock

Hatching
5 Years
Dec 3, 2014
I am fearing my Betty Lou may not be a pullet. This is my first time raising baby chicks and I would appreciate some input. I ordered 2 sexed chicks and my Easter Egger, Beula Fay, is looking good to grow into a hen but I am not so sure about Betty Lou.

??????? Thanks!

Last edited:
I would agree with you. I think that he's a little cockerel judging by the redness and that wattle growth at that age.

This is "Betty Lou" at 14 weeks. She is for sure a he right? I cannot upload videos but this morning at 6:30am he also made this scream kinda noise which I think he was trying to crow. I have to give him back today if that is the case so I just want to be 100% sure. No more wishful thinking. :( THANKS!

Last edited:
Since it is for sure looking like "Betty Lou", renamed to Billy Joe!, has to leave today I only have one other chicken ( an Easter Egger). How long could she be alone without getting too sad? I was hoping to wait until it heats up closer to spring to get more baby chicks? Thanks again for the advise! These are my first 2 chickens.

Back
Top Bottom