pullet or cockerel

christinatata23

In the Brooder
Jan 3, 2016
Hello new to owning chickens. Have a question.
[/IMG]

Pullets or cockerels?

QueenMisha

Queen of the Coop
Jan 14, 2015
Placerville, California, USA
Welcome to BYC.

The blue in the front looks like a pullet. I can't really tell on the other one due to the photo angle.

For more opinions, please post images of your birds in a new thread in the "What Breed or Gender is This?" forum. If you can get a clear photo of each bird, standing up and from the side, that would be perfect. Additional close ups of the head with the comb and wattle visible, and the saddle/tail areas are welcome too.

christinatata23

In the Brooder
Jan 3, 2016
Welcome to BYC.

The blue in the front looks like a pullet. I can't really tell on the other one due to the photo angle.

For more opinions, please post images of your birds in a new thread in the "What Breed or Gender is This?" forum. If you can get a clear photo of each bird, standing up and from the side, that would be perfect. Additional close ups of the head with the comb and wattle visible, and the saddle/tail areas are welcome too.

Ok what about these?

QueenMisha

Queen of the Coop
Jan 14, 2015
Placerville, California, USA
Much better pictures, thank you.

The other bird is without a doubt a cockerel. The first still looks henny to me in body and comb, but in these pictures I can see some slightly suspicious golden feathers coming out on the body. Can you tell me how old they are?

Last edited:

Top Bottom