Pullet or Cockerel?

Crisa

In the Brooder
Jan 17, 2016
Oklahoma
I have a Lavender Orpington that is roughly 3 weeks old and I'm curious to know if he or she is a he or she. I named her (hoping she is a she) Usagi. I know they may be too young to tell, but I have a feeling I may have two cockerels among the bunch.

I will also include pictures of my Black Australorps and see if you can tell what they are as well.
Jupiter

Mars

Mercury

Venus

I have a Lavender Orpington that is roughly 3 weeks old and I'm curious to know if he or she is a he or she. I named her (hoping she is a she) Usagi. I know they may be too young to tell, but I have a feeling I may have two cockerels among the bunch.
Girl

Boy Maybe

I will also include pictures of my Black Australorps and see if you can tell what they are as well. Girl
Jupiter

Mars Girl

Mercury Boy

Venus Girl
I hope this helps

Thank you. I suspected Mercury being a boy but I wasn't sure. I was hoping they'd all be Pullets since roosters are not allowed in my city.

I had 2 lavender orpingtons and one was a pullet and one a cockerel. At 4 weeks I knew for sure. One had a larger pink comb and red waddles buds and the other had a smaller yellow comb and no waddle buds. This was at 4 weeks. Is the feathering similar on both orpingtons? My roo feathered much slower and was actually lighter too, but I think that was happen chance with the color difference.

Here are some pics of the roo at roughly 4 weeks.

Yes! I'm new to chickens and I had no doubt. I still have the pullet. She is 7 weeks. I had to take "beauty" the rooster back to the breeder. We can't keep Roos. I was sad to see him go. Here is a pic of my gal, "Mrs. Potts", or atleast I think she is a she :)

Back
Top Bottom