1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Pullet or cockerel?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by LongRanch, Jun 20, 2016.

1. LongRanch

LongRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2016
    Going crazy trying to figure this out still. I have a home waiting if it's a cockerel, and I think it's a cockerel, but no one can agree on this one. It's an ameraucana X maran cross, and is 10 weeks old. It does have a single row peacomb (though hard to tell in the photos). Most people say pullet but some say the comb is too red. Some people say there are saddle feathers, but I don't know what I'm looking at. Someone said the colour wasn't uniform enough to be a pullet, but it's not as blotchy as the sister is. He/she was the biggest of the three I got (one of which is definitely a rooster), and it does have big feet.. but no crowing (yet). I'm going nuts lol...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Yep, I see saddle feathers. Saddle feathers trump everything, 100% cockerel.

3. Gray Farms

Gray Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2016
    NW Missouri
    Yup, I agree.... pointed saddle feathers... cockerel. Slow developing boy though.

4. LongRanch

LongRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2016
    Thanks, guess he is going to his new home :(

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by