1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Pullet or Roo?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by CrazedCowgirl, Mar 2, 2016.

1. CrazedCowgirl

CrazedCowgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2016
    Eugene Oregon
    I have a 3 (?) week old Dominique who's been very aggressive towards me and my other chicks over the last week or so.It looks to have a pretty prominent comb but I'm not sure what else I should be looking for. Is it too early to tell? I live within the city limits so I can't have a rooster.

2. CTKen

CTKen Monkey business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Could you post some pictures of your suspect cockerel, along with the others to help make a comparison? It may be too early, but its worth a shot getting some advice from the gender gurus.

Cheers
    CT

3. CrazedCowgirl

Jan 17, 2016
    Eugene Oregon
    I don't have any really good pictures of it but I did get some while I was checking on everyone tonight that I've added below.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Here's a couple head shots of my calmer, younger birds.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I'll add that this bird is about 4 days (or so) younger then my dominique. I'll get more head shots of everyone as well as size shots tomorrow before work when I do my morning check.

4. ChickNanny13

ChickNanny13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2013
    Hilo, HI
    first one looks like a cockerel, second possibly pullet

5. CrazedCowgirl

Jan 17, 2016
    Eugene Oregon
    Sorry it's been so long since I uploaded pics. Life got a little crazy there for a couple weeks. Ok, so my Dominique pullet (?) is now just about 6 weeks old and while she has a dark comb and tends to be quite bossy, I'm thinking she might actually be a hen but honestly, I have absolutely no idea. Here's a couple more shot of her, both full body and face. Please take a look and let me know what you think. Thanks you!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by