1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Pullet or Roo?!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by zoereef1221, Mar 25, 2016.

1. zoereef1221

zoereef1221 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 28, 2016
    North Carolina
    Trying to decide if I have a pullet or a roo...... Texas pete is a very bossy little thing at a few days under 8 weeks old. Also is this an Easter Egger or Ameraucana?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Any help appreciated!! =)

2. Alexandra33

Alexandra33 Chillin' With My Peeps

EE cockerel. [​IMG] True Ameraucanas are very hard to find and expensive, and usually come in specific color variations: Blue, Black, Splash, Wheaten, Blue Wheaten, ect.. He's a very handsome boy, by the way!

~Alex

Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
  3. zoereef1221

Jan 28, 2016
    North Carolina
    wahhhhh are you sure?? I've read of some people having EE pullets with slightly red combs and I can't say for sure there are three defined ridges in the comb ..... I really like this little bird. But apparently we may have appropriately named him "pete".... I wish we could keep him (if it is a him) He's a beauty. [​IMG][​IMG]

4. oldhenlikesdogs

oldhenlikesdogs Runs With Chickens Premium Member

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    I agree, that's a little rooster.

5. rebrascora

rebrascora Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 14, 2014
    Consett Co.Durham. UK
    Sorry, but I also agree, Texas Pete is all male. Cockerels are usually more friendly when they are babies and are often the favourite as a result, but if it's any consolation, that usually changes when they reach adulthood and they naturally become more aloof and sometimes even hostile.

6. hicksfamily

hicksfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

Yes, that is a male sadly.

7. zoereef1221

Jan 28, 2016
    North Carolina
    He started crowing two days ago, thanks for the heads up everyone! He's gone to a good home :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by