Pullet or roo

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by danni981, Mar 29, 2017.

1. danni981

danni981 Just Hatched

Mar 29, 2017
    Sioux Falls SD
    I'm new here, and at chickens. Friends of mine have had them for a few years and I wondered if someone could give me a guess at gender please? And thank you in advance! They're a mix of cream legbar, ameracauna and cuckoo maran was what I've been told. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. -Wirth-

-Wirth- Out Of The Brooder

Mar 14, 2017
    Northwest Florida
    They look pretty young, like a little too young to tell. How old are they?

3. danni981

danni981 Just Hatched

Mar 29, 2017
    Sioux Falls SD
    Three weeks and a few days I believe. I'm not exactly sure when they hatched but they were just a few days old when I got them

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Too young. They are adorable - so please post new photos when they are about 8 weeks old. What you will be watching for in the interim is if any of the combs redden & enlarge - they could implicate them as cockerels to be.

5. -Wirth-

-Wirth- Out Of The Brooder

Mar 14, 2017
    Northwest Florida
    Ya feel free to update us in a week or 2 or 3 or however long you feel it takes to see enough difference in them. A lot of breeds it takes 6-8 weeks to accurately sex. And even then you still aren't 100%! At least not until they cock-a-doodle-doo or poop out an Egg! Lol

6. danni981

danni981 Just Hatched

Mar 29, 2017
    Sioux Falls SD
    Here is a quick update! I know not much had probably changed, but here are some 4 week pics.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by