Pullet or roo?

Alicat4244

Songster
Jun 22, 2017
Tennessee
Hi all my friend gave me this chicken she can't remember when exactly she got it . She had gotten some as a straight run (black copper marans) she believes around the first of May as chicks ..... does this look like a rooster?
20170723_182035.jpg

Looks like it could be a roo, hard to tell without seeing it's age mates. It will stand a little taller with a longer neck, have a bit flashier feathers, longer feathers on it's neck and tail feathers.. Did it develop a comb and wattles before it's age mates? My first roo did that, it is a Production Red.

Looks like it could be a roo, hard to tell without seeing it's age mates. It will stand a little taller with a longer neck, have a bit flashier feathers, longer feathers on it's neck and tail feathers.. Did it develop a comb and wattles before it's age mates? My first roo did that, it is a Production Red.
I'm honestly not sure ....the lady I got him from said there was another rooster in the same group so this one had to go. She was going on comb size compared to others

Back
Top Bottom