Pullet or Roo?

mi2bugz

Chirping
6 Years
Sep 8, 2013
Waxahachie, tx
My speckled Sussex is 5 weeks and 4 days and its comb is way bigger than my other chicks the same age (but different breeds). I just noticed it now has wattles...seems like came in over night lol. "She" seems more aggressive and has been feisty from day one. Any ideas? Guess I need to think about changing "her" name to a unisex one cause I don't think Henny Penny is a good Roo name ;).

Sorry...I forgot the pics

Ok so based on the replies I am trying to come up with a masculine name lol. Is it ok to have 2 Roos if they grew up with each other cause now thinking I have 2 females and 2 Roos. I know we will need more girls if have 2 Roos.

Ok so based on the replies I am trying to come up with a masculine name lol. Is it ok to have 2 Roos if they grew up with each other cause now thinking I have 2 females and 2 Roos. I know we will need more girls if have 2 Roos.
I don't have roosters but even if they have grown up together they will fight someday. You don't need to change his name if you already have a girl name, I had a bunch of male finches with girl names.
tongue2.gif

Back
Top Bottom