Pullet Pictures! (Many great personality pictures lol)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Morgan7782, Jun 20, 2010.

1. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    I snapped some new pictures of my girls before they become 'big sisters'! Catching most of their silly antics, hope you enjoy! Joon is a 12 week old Barred Rock pullet and Munk is an 11 week old Easter Egger pullet. Had both since the beginning and love them!

This is their favorite shade tree, the fig tree:
    [​IMG]

Joon being her normal camera hog self
    [​IMG]

Here Munk and Joon are madly chasing this little sparrow out of THEIR yard. It was SO funny!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Joon then RACED toward me yelling at me that invaders had arrived!
    [​IMG]

Telling me all about the tresspasser
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Munk was throwing a FIT
    [​IMG]

The evil tresspasser
    [​IMG]

Joon's satisfied look after the sparrow finally left
    [​IMG]

Munk is very camera shy
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Both girls eating some good stuff
    [​IMG]

Wait... I think I see a bird...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

STRATEGY! Drink first, CHARGE SECOND!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

CHARGE!!!!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Proud Walk after chasing the sparrow away!
    [​IMG]

The End!

2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    I feel like part of the family after viewing all those photos! Very nice!

3. Shannon's Chix

Shannon's Chix Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2009
    N.E. Florida
    Absolutely adorable! You really did capture their personalities! [​IMG]

4. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    They are WONDERFUL girls. Totally different personalities, it's really amazing to see the differences and quirks. They will be getting some new sisters on Tuesday, a few Blue Wyandottes and Blue Laced Reds. I hope their bird chasing isn't a sign of anything to come! Their sisters will be similar age/size, and they won't be introduced for a while because they are new birds coming from a new place and I want to make sure all is well.

Joon is the head hen, but she is confident NOT cocky. Munk usually is the one flying to the top of the garbage bin, eyeing the roof judgementally. Joon doesn't even waste time pushing her authority on Munk, it's just known. Every morning they restablish the pecking order, so hopefully with the new additions it will help spread and thin out this. Joon can get 2 other girls in line along with Munk.

5. Leia's Chickens

Leia's Chickens A Sunkissed Delight

Jun 20, 2010
    Oklahoma!
    Cool chickens [​IMG] You can really see their personalities. I like Joon the best !

6. mgw

mgw Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2010
    Eastern Wa.
    cute chicks thats funny.. I need some patrol chickens.

7. SilverPhoenix

SilverPhoenix Bantam Fanatic

Dec 15, 2009
    Penn Valley, CA
    Great pictures! Your girls sure look healthy and happy. [​IMG] Your pretty EE pullet looks just like an EE hen I had years ago named Brindle. Brings back fond memories. Thank you for sharing!

8. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    They are definately happy! Constant attention, my household consist of 6 people, 3 of which are outside alllll day pretty much. They have a wonderful doggy buddy who never chases or scares them, and plenty of fruit trees. We have cherry, apple, peach, fig, lemon, lime, orange, grapes, corn, rasberries, strawberries, tomatos, beans, peas, squashes, garlic. Man everything just about!! They have lots of lovely shade for the hot summer days, and plenty of protection from rain so they could probably free range in the winter months. I am fortunate to have them, and love the entertainment I get. Both are very friendly to me, but Munk is skittish of new people. Joon loves ANYBODY, especially if you are wearing rings or nail polish haha.

I just noticed you were in Penn Valley SilverPhoenix! Awesome! That's where I grew up, right next to the firehouse in PV, and learned a lot of what I know about chickens and horses from. I have some dear friends who live in PV, the Gordons. They are great ranchers and taught me so much [​IMG] I lived there right next to the PV rodeo grounds and that firehouse. I loved it and miss the area so much! As soon as I can I will probably be back to my roots lol.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2010
  9. joletabey

joletabey SDWD!!!!

Apr 9, 2009
    western NC
    Great pictures- Munk is gorgeous!

10. FowlLanguage

FowlLanguage Out Of The Brooder

Jan 14, 2010
    Anchorage, AK
    Those are some good lookin' birds! I LOL'd at 'drink first, CHARGE SECOND!'

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by