Pullet pooping blood

Roseynose

Songster
Apr 7, 2022
My 4+ month old pullet barnevelder didn't want to come out of the coop today. Just under her is a pile of bloody stools. She eats everything and has a tendency to over stuff her crop. She has to wear a crop bra all the time now. She isn't laying eggs yet. I'm wondering if she ate something sharp. Unless she brutally killed a mouse and pooped on it. Any advice on what I can do for her?
IMG_20221013_085806087.jpg

My 4+ month old pullet barnevelder didn't want to come out of the coop today. Just under her is a pile of bloody stools. She eats everything and has a tendency to over stuff her crop. She has to wear a crop bra all the time now. She isn't laying eggs yet. I'm wondering if she ate something sharp. Unless she brutally killed a mouse and pooped on it. Any advice on what I can do for her?
View attachment 3290037
Is vet care an option?

Getting a fecal float to see if this is Coccidiosis and/or worms is best.
I would treat with a Sulfa Antibiotic or Endocox. Corid may help, but your vet is going to be able to get you the other 2 meds much more quickly.

It's a shame at 4months old she's already having to wear a crop bra. If you do see a vet, ask them to help you with the chronic crop problem as well.

Is vet care an option?

Getting a fecal float to see if this is Coccidiosis and/or worms is best.
I would treat with a Sulfa Antibiotic or Endocox. Corid may help, but your vet is going to be able to get you the other 2 meds much more quickly.

It's a shame at 4months old she's already having to wear a crop bra. If you do see a vet, ask them to help you with the chronic crop problem as well.
Vet care is definitely not a option

How is she doing?
Thanks for asking. I put corid in the water for all my birds. I still see some bloody droppings but they have only been taking corid for a few days. freyah still seems low energy and takes longer to leave the coop than the rest but she is eating and drinking and walking around with the rest of the hens

Thanks for asking. I put corid in the water for all my birds. I still see some bloody droppings but they have only been taking corid for a few days. freyah still seems low energy and takes longer to leave the coop than the rest but she is eating and drinking and walking around with the rest of the hens
Glad she is doing ok! Hopefully the corid will do its job!

Back
Top Bottom