Pullet question

Graceschicken

In the Brooder
Dec 5, 2019
I got 8 new pullets yesterday and one of them has an anal issue. She's still eating and drinking but sleeping alot and does it standing up. Has hair loss back there also.

Attachments

• PXL_20210329_001411216.jpg
    PXL_20210329_001411216.jpg
    253.4 KB · Views: 5
  • PXL_20210329_001419774.jpg
    PXL_20210329_001419774.jpg
    298.7 KB · Views: 4
Hi & Welcome to BYC.
I can't tell a lot from the pictures. It may be pasty butt. Can you tell if it is coming from her vent (anus) or is it above the vent?
If it is pasty butt you can gently wipe it and apply a little coconut oil to help make it easier to clean next time. You'll need to clean it a few times a day so that the vent doesn't get blocked.
If it is oozing from above the vent it may be the umbilical and you'll need to be more careful. Gently dab with a damp cloth. Don't rub. Apply some antibiotic ointment, the kind without pain relief.
Also, I'd put some electrolytes in their drinking water.
You can post in the emergency forum for help from someone with more knowledge.
Good luck & again, welcome to BYC!

Hi & Welcome to BYC.
I can't tell a lot from the pictures. It may be pasty butt. Can you tell if it is coming from her vent (anus) or is it above the vent?
If it is pasty butt you can gently wipe it and apply a little coconut oil to help make it easier to clean next time. You'll need to clean it a few times a day so that the vent doesn't get blocked.
If it is oozing from above the vent it may be the umbilical and you'll need to be more careful. Gently dab with a damp cloth. Don't rub. Apply some antibiotic ointment, the kind without pain relief.
Also, I'd put some electrolytes in their drinking water.
You can post in the emergency forum for help from someone with more knowledge.
Good luck & again, welcome to BYC!
I applied bag balm to her area last night that might be why it's looking paste looking

Back
Top Bottom