Pullet? Roo? 8 week old Welsummer.

jamie158

Hatching
5 Years
May 8, 2014
Portland Oregon
Hello!

I posted pictures of all four of my chicks when they were 4 weeks old, wondering if anyone had gender guesses.
My Welsummer was the main one in question. Now that they're 8 weeks old... I still feel a little bit worried about "her."

Can anyone give me some peace of mind... or some bad news. I'd just love to hear any other opinions.
This is my first little flock, so I'm really new to the chicken game. :)

(If I need to get pictures from different angels or of different parts of her, please let me know and I'll take/post them.)

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
love.gif

When I saw the title of this thread, I was very interested to see your photos. I have two 9 week old Welsummers, and I have been sort of wondering about one of them.
Your Welsummer is definitely a pullet, as I've been up and down every alley on the internet searching for photos in this age bracket. One of my Wellies looks just like yours. They're pretty things.
My other Welsummer is much darker, and I was 99% sure it was a cockerel at 4 weeks, but at 9 weeks I have yet to see any black patches on the breast.

Here is my mystery Welsummer at around 7 weeks. He/she is a much darker salmon color, to be sure, but not black. We shall see!
Your GIRL is lovely. No worries about her
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom