Pullet? Roo? What am I????

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by koakritters, May 7, 2011.

1. koakritters

koakritters Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2011
    Petaluma
    maybe i'll get more answers posting here... i've got a couple that i'm not sure about, and i have someone coming to look at them tomorrow. I told her i'm selling them straight run, but since it's her first time getting chickens and she lives in a place you can't have roosters, i'd like to try and match her up with the ones more likely to be female, since i'm just that nice. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. koakritters

Jan 27, 2011
    Petaluma
    4 weeks old, btw.

3. jjparke

jjparke Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2008
    Boise
    3rd pic down the chic on the right looks might it may be male. All the others look female to me.

4. hisdaughter

hisdaughter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2011
    Lakeland
    Not sure, sorry. They are pretty though. Do you know if there is any validity to the tale that if you hold them by the back of the neck (gently of course) and they pull their legs up towards their bodies, that they are pullets. If they stretch their legs out straight, then they are roos..anyone know???

5. fshinggrl

fshinggrl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    the edge of insanity
    Quote:I agree with this. I think that 3rd pic down, chick on the right is a cockeral.

6. SilverPhoenix

SilverPhoenix Bantam Fanatic

Dec 15, 2009
    Penn Valley, CA
    They all seem to be pullets except the right one in the third picture from the top.

7. koakritters

Jan 27, 2011
    Petaluma
    ok, i was pretty sure he was a roo, the other one i was thinking is a roo is the bottom pic, only because it seems to have the same feathering pattern? But it got a big full tail really fast while the other roo didn't...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by