pullet/roo?? What breed?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by heby, Aug 17, 2013.

1. heby

heby Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2013
    Georgia
    My daughter got this chick at Easter and it was dyed pink. Then feathered out white but got a red comb and face early. We thought for the longest it was a roo but the feathering is not looking rooish & the wattles have never really gotten bigger, like our other obvious roo. She is really hoping her "Kool-Aid" is a girl so we keep her. I was also wondering if any one can tell what breed of chicken it is? I thought the brown spot was dirt or poo cause it just showed up about a week or so ago, but it hasn't went away so I don't know. It is about 19-20 wks. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. angel8035

angel8035 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2012
    Applegate, California
    I think that is a white rock hen.

3. heby

Jan 15, 2013
    Georgia
    So maybe our little roo is the same kind. He is solid white just like this one & the comb and wattles grew quickly but his tail has always stood straight up like a flag and the feathers are starting to turn downwards on the ends a bit. The only other difference is his beak and legs look white almost like they are albino. Are white rocks a kind of meat chicken? We don't plan on eating them tho. What kind of layers are they?

4. juliechick

juliechick Transplanted Hillbilly

Jun 27, 2008
    Southeast AR
    It does look like a pullet, but not a White Rock. they have yellow legs. Some type of hatchery egg production cross is my guess. Maybe an Amber Link?

5. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    It looks like an Amber Link pullet to me.

6. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Agree.

7. CowGrrrl

CowGrrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2013
    Amber Link hen

8. heby

Jan 15, 2013
    Georgia
    Thank ya'll very much! Now to go read up on them. :) My daughter is very happy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by