Pullet singing the egg-laying song....for weeks now.

Wynette

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
12 Years
Sep 25, 2007
Michigan
I've got a 16 week old pullet that for probably 3-4 weeks has been singing the egg-laying song...BUK....BUK......BUUKKKKAWWWW!!!! In fact, she doens't cluck at all, from what I've heard. She's a Jersey x NHR.

Has anyone else had a pullet that does this? She's driving me nuts...I keep thinking someone's fixin' to lay me an egg from my juvie pen!

I don't think she's near ready to lay yet!

one of our EE does this. I heard it a few weeks ago and went RUNNING out to the coop excited, only to be disappointed. She still does this constantly, but no eggs. ugh!

Mine were doign that before they were old enough to lay, now only one of them ever does it and then not very often.
sad.png

My banty cochin does a little buk buuk BUKWAHK every once in a while. She's about 16 weeks old (I'm guessing). For her, it's more of a warning thing when she's upset, like when the other birds are in a corner of the yard and she can't find them, or a loud car drives by.

I expect our standards to start laying before the banty does.

I think it probably is like what JennsPeeps indicated, because this bird is a bit flighty; it doesn't take much for her to get upset & run up and down the fenceline.

Well, at least she's not the Lone Ranger! Glad to hear others have chickens that do this, too. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom