Pullet sneezes

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Dirty Farmer, Jun 24, 2011.

1. Dirty Farmer

Dirty Farmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    I have four Pullets and a Roo (all ten to eleven weeks old) One of the Red Star Pullets sneezes alot. It started doing this over the past week. It's the only one out of the bunch, that does it. Anything to be concerned about.

2. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Is she showing any other symptoms? Runny nose, water or bubble eye? Open mouth breathing? Sticky or hard feathers on her back (caused from wiping their nose)...... Listen to her lungs, right under her wing..... any wheezing or raspyness? If not keep an eye on her, but it could be allergens like dust from bedding, hay or the like.....

3. FuzzyButtsFarm

FuzzyButtsFarm Rest in Peace 1950-2013

One of my Black stars did the same thing at that age. Never saw any other symptoms and I guess she grew out of it.

4. Dirty Farmer

Dirty Farmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Quote:No, she dosn't show any other symptoms that you described. Just sneezing, that's it. I just thought it was odd, that she was the only one doing it, and none of the others. Probably not a big deal. I'll keep an eye on her.

On a side note...I did hear that when you sneeze, that's your soul trying to escape. And then when someone blesses you, that crams it back in. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by