Pullet Terrorizing Cats

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Attila the Hen, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Attila the Hen

Attila the Hen Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2010
    Blue Ridge GA
    I have an 18 week old Americauna who has found her power. She is the biggest coward of the 4 new girls and becomes hysterical when I pick her up. BUT, she has discovered the cats.
    She will spot a cat and race toward it head down in a manacing manner. Immediately the cat runs away.
    All my cats and dogs have a healthy respect for the chickens. Little does she know that those before her set the stage and the cats could harm her with one swat. She clearly loves chasing the cats because she'll go after one and then another. It is very funny. Who knew chickens could be so entertaining?

2. NovaAman

NovaAman Overrun With Chickens

My SLW's go after my cat all the time. LOL, It is hysterically funny! I don't go out into the chicken yard anymore until after I have gone potty...

3. Attila the Hen

Attila the Hen Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2010
    Blue Ridge GA
    I just returned from walking the dogs. She tried to go after the beagle who was sitting there, but he didn't notice so she gave up. I think we are going to have some problems around here if she keeps that up and goes after the 85 lb dogs.

4. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

[​IMG] Good for her! Let her think she's queen of the mountain!!

5. K-12 Chickens

K-12 Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2010
    Michigan
    My Black Star, Blackie, loves to chase the cats around with wings spread and head lunged forward, even when the cats are minding their own business! I want to get a picture of it sometime! [​IMG] Most people tend to think it's the other way around, but it's not so! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by