Pullet that likes a little BLING on her eggs?

gritsar

Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!
14 Years
Nov 9, 2007
SW Arkansas
My Ivy, an almost 7 month old turken, laid like two pullet-sized eggs before she went straight to the large-r eggs. Real pretty mauve colored eggs out of her too.

I'm curious about something though. Ivy likes a little bling on her eggs. They are shiny to the max. and really stand out in a carton. All the eggs I get from my girls are slightly shiny, but Ivy's look like someone has polished them with oil.

I'm curious. Any hypothesis?

Quote:
Interesting. I wonder if it's an overabundance of bloom or what?
hu.gif

Quote:
They are very pretty. Colored like a rose.
A side story - A year or so ago the police capt. bought some eggs from me. He does all the cooking in his house. He's married to some arm candy that's not good for much other than keeping the cosmetics industry in business. When the capt. was cooking some of the eggs up, his wife walked into the kitchen and gasped at the sight of the eggs. They were brown eggs and she thought brown meant the eggs were "spoiled".
I have remembered that story and still chuckle. Today we'll be going to town and I have saved up a gift for the capt's wife. A dozen eggs, half of them green and the other half Ivy's pink eggs.
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom