Pullet with lump under eye, maybe a tumor?

fuzzballiscute

In the Brooder
Aug 17, 2015
Hi,
So I got some female hatchery Easter egger chicks from my local feed store. There are around 2 months old. A few weeks ago I noticed a small wart looking thing under one of their eyes. I thought it was a skin tag or a wart. A couple days ago it was still not too big, still a bit smaller than her pupil. Today I saw that it grew around twice as big and it's a lighter color, probably as it's stretching the skin. It's not soft like it could be fluid filled, it was just like a part of her meat. I just took some photos and will attach them.
I'm guessing it may be a tumor? Does anyone have any other ideas?
Any suggestions about what to do? A vet would be too expensive and I don't think I have the time for that either.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_2544.JPG
    IMG_2544.JPG
    376.8 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2549.JPG
    IMG_2549.JPG
    315.9 KB · Views: 12
It could be a bite or an injury, another thought is potentially the start of fowl pox. I would assume it will eventually heal up, and wouldn't do anything unless it gets worse or is bothering her, though I don't really know what I would do.

I can't say what exactly that is, but it looks like some type of cyst from the conjunctiva tissue. Hopefully someone with experience of something similar will chime in. Any vets out there looking in?

Back
Top Bottom