Pullet with slight wheeze

Disheygirl

Songster
Mar 21, 2021
Indianapolis, IN
I was sitting next to my three eight week old pullets this evening, and I noticed the slightest wheeze in one. No honking, vocalized wheeze, panting, or other - just like you’d expect a person to wheeze who had asthma or bad allergies. I have to get my ear up next to her to hear it and she‘s otherwise acting normal.

First question - how do I look down her throat? I’m afraid I’ll break her neck or jaw or something, because she’s not exactly excited to have me messing with her mouth.

Second - if there’s nothing in there, should I give her VetRx, Baytril, or something different? She’s not acting sick but when I wheeze, I take my inhaler!

Thanks!!

Ok, I was able to get her mouth open and there’s nothing there / in her throat. However, I have no idea what the inside is supposed to look like - it was almost like a little hole in the way back of her mouth/throat? Not a wide open throat like people have, but a small hole sourrounded by healthy looking pink tissue. The internet is not helping tonight - lots of pictures of humans with chicken pox in their mouth when I google “inside of chicken mouth”. 🥴

Back
Top Bottom