1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Pullet with swollen eye

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Lamaremybabies, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Lamaremybabies

Lamaremybabies Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2015
    New England
    I noticed a couple days ago my pullet had a puffy eye and I was looking today and it doesn't look any better.
    I know there are quite a few threads about chickens with swollen eye(s) but none of them seemed to be the same as mine.
    [​IMG]
    Obviously it's swollen but there isn't any discharge and there isn't anything wrong with the eye itself. She doesn't seem like she's in pain either, she goes about her business and runs around with the flock. What should I do?

2. ninam

ninam Out Of The Brooder

Dec 7, 2015
    I'm having the same problem. So I'll be following this. Mine is evident in about 4 out of my 8 but none have any other symptoms. No smell or discharge, not lethargic, good appetite. I'm going to deworm them because I never have. I also have a mean chicken in my flock that likes to bully.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
  3. Lamaremybabies

Lamaremybabies Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2015
    New England
    Only one out of my 7 chickens has the swollen eye, but I'm thinking due to the fact that there isn't anything else wrong with her she probably got pecked in the eye. I do have a rooster and my top hen has a tendency to peck every once in a while.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by