Pullet won't open her eyes

Soso

In the Brooder
Apr 8, 2021
Hello!
For last few days i noticed that my Polish pullet pecks on air trying to eat and won't realy move. Today i picked her up and checked her eyes if they were okay, but she has her eyes closed all the time and won't open them. I don't know what could happen tho. Some ideas what can i do?

Sounds like she's not feeling well. Has she been eating/drinking regularly up until a few days ago?

No crusting around her eyes that would cause her to not be able to open them?

Sounds like she's not feeling well. Has she been eating/drinking regularly up until a few days ago?

No crusting around her eyes that would cause her to not be able to open them?
she eats and drinks normally and her eyes are looking perfectly fine (like rest of her body), but she seems more sleepy than always

she opened one eye slightly but second one is still closed.

Check for mites in her crest. Like really pull the feathers apart down to the skin.

I noticed my Sultan hen had bad mites on her little crest and it caused her eye to close on one side from the crusty skin.

Sometimes it can be hard to detect mites on the crested birds unless you do a frequent inspection.

Check for mites in her crest. Like really pull the feathers apart down to the skin.

I noticed my Sultan hen had bad mites on her little crest and it caused her eye to close on one side from the crusty skin.

Sometimes it can be hard to detect mites on the crested birds unless you do a frequent inspection.
i saw no mites, but i checked her eye once again and i saw a small fly in there that was irritating her eye so i gently got it out. She seems much better now :D

Back
Top Bottom