pullets behavior is odd..

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by kaileen20, Jan 17, 2015.

1. kaileen20

kaileen20 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 14, 2014
    I have 4 golden comet pullets, they are all 4 months old, I've had them since they where a day old, I finally finished their coop and moved it. Since I moved it they started acting strange, their coop is close to our privacy fence and they spend all day hiding between their coop and the fence.. they don't even free range anymore.. I let them out of the run and they would rather huddle up against each other hiding. None of them seem sick.. they are also more jumpy and spend a lot of time in their coop, they use to always run to me when they see me come out :/ what wrong? Could they be laying soon? Is this just a part of them growing up? Just trying to figure out what's happening, i have experience with adults but not pullets.

2. k9chickenlady

k9chickenlady Out Of The Brooder

Apr 30, 2014
    Have you noticed any hawks in the area? Or other potential preditors? Ground or aerial.

3. kaileen20

kaileen20 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 14, 2014
    No but I noticed they don't like the birds that coming into my yard lol the pullets Chase them down lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by