Pullets laying at 14 weeks

DasChicken

Chirping
6 Years
May 27, 2016
Central Minnesota
Hello I have a 6 leghorn American cross pullets that will be 15 weeks old this Saturday. And they started laying this past weekend (12 eggs so far) and I am wondering if I should be concerned with possible future issues ie prolapse or? All of their moms and half sisters that i hatched started laying at 18 wks give or take a day or two so this was a surprise.

Could you have calculated wrong?
What kind of chicken is an American?
Do you have a picture you could share?

That was Ameraucan auto correct at work and I am positive on the date as I hatched them on my birthday. I think I have some pics of them. This is a poor picture but I think the blue one is one of the layers. IMG_20170607_160141428.jpg As far as feed goes it is just a 18% all flock and free choice oyster shell.

Hello I have a 6 leghorn American cross pullets that will be 15 weeks old this Saturday. And they started laying this past weekend (12 eggs so far) and I am wondering if I should be concerned with possible future issues ie prolapse or? All of their moms and half sisters that i hatched started laying at 18 wks give or take a day or two so this was a surprise.
I have a mixed flock , two Golden Comets started laying at about 17 weeks. The rest I really have no idea what they are ,save for the one Dominique, who all are 14 weeks and today I found a tiny cream colored egg and no idea which of the younger ones laid it.

Back
Top Bottom