Pullets on Long Island

newbiecooper

Chirping
11 Years
Aug 19, 2010
Greenlawn
Does anyone know of a place to buy pullets on Long Island now? My coop will be complete next week, and I'd love to get it stocked asap. Thanx!

I have been checking Craigs List, but the only available ones seem to be upstate and in NJ. I'll keep checking and keep my fingers crossed! Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi ... I live in Greenlawn and got my chickens from the owner of Prianti Farms right on Deer Park Avenue across from the Dix Hills Diner. Ask for Giro. Good Luck!

P.S. Meant to add ... check the website http://www.liequine.com/msgboard/ It's mainly for horse people on Long Island, but there are always posts from people selling or giving away chickens. I know there is a poster on there by the name of Vera who has Silkies.

Thanks so much for your replies! I live in Greenlawn, too, and have a call in to Prianti Farms to see what they have available. I never would have thought of them... you're brilliant!! Giro should be calling me back this morning.

And yes, lurky, I'll be posting a pic of my new coop this weekend after the last few finishing touches have been completed. It came out great! I hope the chickens love it as much as I do!!

Back
Top Bottom