1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Pullets ? Or ? Ameraucana ?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Sierra pachie bars, Jan 3, 2009.

1. Sierra pachie bars

Sierra pachie bars Queen of the Lost

Nov 8, 2008
    This is a batch I hatched about 10 weeks ago. Sold to me as pure Ameraucanas. This is one that I am not sure about sex. Seems to have a brighter comb then other two. I'll post some of the other two tomorrow. I know the one is a pullet for sure but stumpted on other two. My question is are they not pure Ameraucanas? Eggs were blue.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2009
  2. Rosecomb-Ryan

Rosecomb-Ryan East Indie Crazed

Apr 12, 2008
    Sacramento CA
    looks like a pullet to me

3. jossanne

jossanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    I think that she's a pure Easter Egger. Beautiful, but not an ameraucana. Her legs look green, and she's an easter egger color.

4. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    pretty EE [​IMG] not sure of the sex though

5. Sierra pachie bars

Nov 8, 2008
    I have three from this group that hatched. I am going to be thrilled if all three turn out to be Pullets. A little annoyed I was told for sure they were Ameraucana's though.. I think for now on I'll buy my hatching eggs from here. Live and learn I guess. Will post pictures of other two shortly once I get coffee down [​IMG]

6. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    i got all my ameraucana from here(with the exception of 1 batch from a breeder on the ameraucana breeder list) and have been very happy with them.

7. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    It's an easter egger, and I'm going to say it's a cockerel.

8. Sierra pachie bars

Nov 8, 2008
    Yes I am thinking cockerel. I think other two are pullets. This one the comb is much brighter then other two.

9. Sierra pachie bars

Nov 8, 2008
    Here is closer picture of face for Number 1:. I suspect he is a cockerel. His comb appears brighter red then other three.
    [​IMG]

Number 2 :I highly suspect this is a pullet. She is alot smaller then others and has no rump.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Number 3: has me stumped. Larger then the rest but comb is pale comparied to number I think my be pullet.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Number 4 : Is same age way larger then other 3 I have posted before and most thought pullet , Does she still look like she is a pullet now ? Cute a can be [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

The first three were hatching eggs I purchased claiming to be pure Ameraucana's. Which now from learning here, they are EE'S. Rather pretty regardless I'm easy [​IMG]

10. Sierra pachie bars

Nov 8, 2008
    Oh also this pullet was sold to me as a Ameraucana as well , shes 7 months old. She was attacked and I helped her recover so her face is a bit odd from that. I take it she's a EE ? She is the one on the right [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by