Pullets or cockerals?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by colraykennels, Mar 12, 2017.

1. colraykennels

colraykennels New Egg

[​IMG]Hi all I know it's early these barred Plymouth Rock chicks are almost 48hrs old we had 6 eggs and all hatched we believe these to be pullets based on their head and dark legs but would love to hear your thoughts we know we won't know for sure until they are older but this is our first batch[​IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
  2. peopleRanimals2

peopleRanimals2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2015
    Rhode Island
    Congrats on your new babies! Only one foot image is showing up, but at 48 hours it might be almost impossible to tell. I'll give my best guess, but I wouldn't count on anyone's guesses at this stage. It would be helpful to have the other images, though, if you can find the problem :/
    -M :)

3. caboodleschicks

caboodleschicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2017
    South Carolina
    How many chicks do you have? If you don't have a lot can you please send some pictures of their wings spread out? If so, I might be able to tell what gender they are.

(What I mean by, "depending on how many you have," I mean... If you have a lot that's fine, bring them on, I just didn't know how many pictures you were wanting to send! Lol! :lau)

4. colraykennels

colraykennels New Egg

I know it's still early I don't have wing pics as they are just tiny fluff balls right now but here are the other pictures of think[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. peopleRanimals2

peopleRanimals2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2015
    Rhode Island
    in my (Inexperienced) opinion they look like pullets, but don't hold me to that guess [​IMG]
    Good luck, and enjoy your chicks!

6. farminvet

farminvet New Egg

Mar 12, 2017
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    6 week old Silverlaced wyandotte pullets or cokreals?

Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
  7. Minnowey

Minnowey Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2016
    Northwest Oregon
    The top left is definitely a cockerel. The top right is almost 100% definite cockerel. The bottom one might be a pullet, but my I would say hat you've got three cockerels on your hands. That is really early for wattle development.

8. caboodleschicks

caboodleschicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2017
    South Carolina
    I'm thinking your's is a Cockrel , but take it like a grain of salt, because I can't be for sure! The only reason I think that is because there is a lot of Seattle development and a lot of redness going on for his age :)
    By the way it looks, they all look to be girls, but at this age it can be hard to tell, because you might think one way, but they aren't really what you think! Lol! :lau

9. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Please give your chicks a chance to just grow. Six to 8 weeks is the best time to be seeking opinions on gender.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by