1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Pullets or cockerals?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by mlynch33, Apr 4, 2017.

1. mlynch33

mlynch33 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 10, 2013
    I've been debating whether or not to even post because ignorance is bliss, right? I bought pullet chicks, 2 black australorps, 2 blue cochins, & 1 partridge cochin (cochins are not bantams). The 2 BA are about 10-12 weeks old & the cochins are about 8 weeks. I'm pretty sure the 2 blues are pullets. I have been hearing a sound in the morning but it is not like any cockeral crowing I have ever heard before. I have narrowed it down to the smaller BA making the noise (the one on the left of the pic with 3 roosting). The larger BA is very bossy but doesn't make any noise. It is also always roosting on the bar & on the ground. The partridge cochin didn't feather well so I wonder about it. It's tail feathers also stand straight up. Any help is appreciated, I live in town & can't have roosters so I am praying these are all girls haha. Thanks.[​IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

2. mlynch33

Jul 10, 2013
    [​IMG]

3. mlynch33

Jul 10, 2013
    [​IMG]

4. mlynch33

Jul 10, 2013
    [​IMG]