Pullets or Cockerels?!?! 4 Lavendar Orpington 1 Blue Laced Red Wyandotte...9 1/2 weeks old...

Mexiontheloose

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jun 28, 2012
My Coop
My Coop
So I have 5 chicks that are 9 1/2 weeks old now. Any guesses on whether they are cockerels or pullets??? I posted two pictures of each chick. :)

Chick #1 - Blue Laced Red Wyandotte - (pullet??)

Chick #2 (Lavendar Orpington)

Chick #3 (This one is the only one without a tail, and the tail feathers look to curl down right now)

Chick #4

Chick #5

Thanks!!

So I have 5 chicks that are 9 1/2 weeks old now. Any guesses on whether they are cockerels or pullets??? I posted two pictures of each chick. :)

Rooster

Rooster

Chick #3 (This one is the only one without a tail, and the tail feathers look to curl down right now)
Pullet, she's just rumpless.

Chick #4

Rooster

Chick #5
Pullet

Thanks!!
You should post them when they are a few weeks older too.

Last edited:
3 is iffy to me. Orps can be slow to mature and I feel this one could go either way.
5 is a pullet.
the rest are males.

Cockerel. A pullet Wyandotte of this age would have a much paler comb, and be more feathered out.

Cockerel. Pullets don't have such large, red combs at 9 1/2 weeks.

Not sure. Comb isn't all that developed, but slow feathering is a trait of a cockerel.

Chick #4

Cockerel.

Chick #5

Pullet.

Thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom