Pullets or cockerels? (BA and EE)

Cnicole

In the Brooder
Sep 5, 2019
We bought four pullets from TSC; they are now almost 6 weeks old. We have two Australorps and two Easter eggers.
One of the Australorps is bigger than the other, and has a larger comb. But it isn't red, and she hasn't developed any wattles
One of the Easter eggers has a pea comb, and it is getting pretty reddish. But she also hasn't developed any wattles.
We aren't allowed to have any roosters where we live, plus my daughters are very attached so I'm really hoping that they're all pullets! The first pic is of all four, then I attached close-ups of the two in question. Please let me know what you think!
MVIMG_20190906_130552.jpg
IMG_20190906_130238.jpg
IMG_20190905_165817.jpg

Oh no! I figured the EE was for sure a Cockerel, but was hoping that the BA may turn out to be a pullet. Thank you! Now I need to figure out what to do with them once they start crowing.

You could sell them, but most people don't want to get a rooster. A pet shelter might take them, but I doubt it. :idunno You could also eat them. Their are some great butchering guides here on BYC.

You can put them on craigslist - you might have luck finding the EE a good home- very pretty and unusual feathers. That always helps!

Back
Top Bottom