Pullets Or Cockerels ? Better quality pics !

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Jacklynn, Jan 14, 2011.

1. Jacklynn

Jacklynn Chillin' With My Peeps

I borrowed my step sisters camera, so no more cell phone pics ! [​IMG] Yay !
    They are 3 weeks old !
    Anyways, I think one of the blue/splashes is a cockerel for sure, I think the lightest splash is a pullet & the third one I'm not too sure of.
    Here are some pics:
    Firstly, the Bantam Cochin chicks:
    Lightest Splash - I'm thinking pullet ?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2nd Chick, Splash Or Blue - I'm THINKING pullet, not sure though
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Darkest chick - Splash or blue - I'm thinking cockerel
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Secondly, the lone Buff Bantam Brahma - I'm thinking pullet:
    [​IMG]

2. Minniechickmama

Minniechickmama Senora Pollo Loco

Sep 4, 2009
    Minnesota
    Nice pictures, but WAY too early to ask.

3. Jacklynn

Quote:Really ? Someone on my other thread said you could sex them at a week. :O

4. Jacklynn

[​IMG]

5. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    I agree with Minniechickmama, to early to tell. The only ones I can sex at an early age is the barred rocks. Time will tell. [​IMG]

6. kera!

kera! Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2011
    Navajo County
    You Could Maybe Sex Them At A Week If Someof The Real Expeirienced People Looked At Them In Person But I Think The One Is A Roo But Who Knows.

7. sklr112

sklr112 Out Of The Brooder

May 23, 2010
    Quote:Maybe you can help me then! lol. I have 10 barred rocks 3 weeks of age. The hens that laid the fertile eggs are purebred barred rocks. The rooster is a barred rock, and what looks to be RIR mix. He has the bars of a barred rock, but some feathers are brownish red. Anyways, they had these 10 chicks. 4 of the chicks have the bars that look like a barred rock should. The other 6 are mostly black, no bars. The ones with the bars are developing a comb already, the other 6 aren't. I'll post pics so you can see... maybe I'll start my own thread so I'm no hijacking this one.... sorry!

Anyway, what do you think? Are the ones with the bars cockerels?

8. Jacklynn

Quote:Maybe you can help me then! lol. I have 10 barred rocks 3 weeks of age. The hens that laid the fertile eggs are purebred barred rocks. The rooster is a barred rock, and what looks to be RIR mix. He has the bars of a barred rock, but some feathers are brownish red. Anyways, they had these 10 chicks. 4 of the chicks have the bars that look like a barred rock should. The other 6 are mostly black, no bars. The ones with the bars are developing a comb already, the other 6 aren't. I'll post pics so you can see... maybe I'll start my own thread so I'm no hijacking this one.... sorry!

Anyway, what do you think? Are the ones with the bars cockerels?

No worries [​IMG]

Thanks everyone !

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by