1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Pullets or Roos? 6, 5 and 4 week old chicks (are they really EE, Brn Leghorn & BRs?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by pinkaliboo, Mar 6, 2012.

1. pinkaliboo

pinkaliboo Out Of The Brooder

I bought these chicks from our local feed store. I have uploaded 2 pics of each one. The first one I was told is an EE, (6 weeks old) which I bought with 2 RIRs, One of the RIRs died the next day. I went back and got the one in the 2nd picture, which I was told is a Brown leghorn (now 5 weeks old) then my last RIR died. So, I went back again and got the 3rd one, (now 4 weeks old) which I was told is a Barred Rock. Thus the different ages. I cannot have roosters where I live, so I am hoping I have all pullets. I don't want to get too attached to the "girls" then find out I have a rooster. Any help is appreciated! [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. pinkaliboo

pinkaliboo Out Of The Brooder

I just realized the 3rd pic is of the EE, not the leghorn [​IMG]

3. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    the ee and the leghorn looks like pullets the last could be a br, if it is I'd say pullet by leg color. But leg color is also why I aint 100% sure its a br, a bit much on the wash that a br hen normally has.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by