Pullets or Roos?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Cheepies27, Nov 2, 2016.

1. Cheepies27

Cheepies27 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 29, 2016
    So I have 4 new additions to my family, a RIR, Delaware, americauna, and a barred rock. They are about 9-10 weeks (I think). They are all sweeties so I'm praying all hens since roosters aren't allowed in city limits. I know it's all an educated guess right now. Pictures aren't the best since I had to take them with my tablet if you need anything more let me know. Thanks so much for any help!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. junebuggena

junebuggena Chicken Obsessed

Apr 17, 2015
    Long Beach, WA
    They look like they are about 8 weeks old at most. All pullets.

3. Cheepies27

Feb 29, 2016
    Oh great! Thank you!

4. MinnesotaNice

MinnesotaNice Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2015
    Minnesota
    I agree - all pullets. Not sure where you got them from, but most tractor supply stores get all those breeds in already sexed female. It's a nice little bonus.

5. Cheepies27

Feb 29, 2016
    Our local country store. Thanks again! Never thought about it, but it makes a lot of sense that they'd be already sexed. :-D but can never be too careful I also did buy a golden Wyandotte only to have it turned out to be a red Sex Link when I first started a home flock LOL

6. MinnesotaNice

MinnesotaNice Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2015
    Minnesota
    Lol! Sometimes they mix them all together and if you're not sure what they look like when newborns....well....it happens! And sometimes the staff doesn't know much about chickens, so they'll just reach in and grab whatever.

7. Cheepies27

Feb 29, 2016
    Yeah that was just a miss marked shipment, took a lot if research and you lovely people to find out what I really bought since the store was supposed to get the wyandotte not the reds hehe. She's my survivor though,(dog attack) love that bird! Thanks again for the help on my chicks!! It's a weight off my shoulders!

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    all pullets [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by