Pullets vs Cockerel "Easter Eggers"

Manningjw

Crowing
11 Years
Oct 5, 2011
Shoreline, Washington
These are more mixed breed than "Easter Eggers" so they wont really follow the color pattern of hatchery EEs. Mostly they are Australorp/leghorn/Red sex link with Ameraucana for the comb and egg color. They were hatched November 18th, so they are now roughly 9 weeks old. I believe I have 2 Pullets and 3 cockerels based on comb development. They are all Pea comb which makes it a tad bit harder, but not pure pea comb either.

First off, the suspected girls:

Boy #1
While he doesn't yet have red behind the eyes yet and is comb is more pink, the size of it makes him stand out, by far the largest of all of them.1

Boy #2

Boy #3, this one I am the most confident in being a Roo.

I'd say you're correct. The only one I'd keep an eye on is the more solid black pullet, that's a fair amount of red in the comb for a pullet that young.

I'd say you're correct. The only one I'd keep an eye on is the more solid black pullet, that's a fair amount of red in the comb for a pullet that young.

Yea I thought the same thing when i was looking back through the photos. On the plus side, if it is a boy I am quite certain she will have 2 pea comb genes and most likely 2 blue egg genes as well. If that is the case, I am keeping the gender confused cockerel to breed again!
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom