Pullin' my hair out......

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by KingsCalls, Aug 1, 2008.

1. KingsCalls

KingsCalls Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2007
    New Market,Tn.
    O.K.......I'm directing my 1st poultry show Saturday at our fair and I'm a complete nut-case!
    I did not have a clue that so much went into doing a poultry show. I've been e-mailing answers to people about the show for 3 solid days, picked up pens for the birds that another fair is letting me borrow, getting my birds ready, hanging our banners(the one with BYC on it), cleaning the barn, spreading shavings, making last min. calls to everyone involved and working 10-14 hrs a day. Not only do I now have more gray hair, I actually think I've lost some:D Guys & gals........just keep your fingers crossed for me please!
    You know what is funny tho? I love this!!!!!
    Oh, and I got 2 "chillin with my peeps" shirts that I am giving away at the show along with some feeders and waterers and a hat. Not to mention some very nice trophies..

2. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

Wow, I could never imagine how much work it takes to put on a show. You can do it! You'll probably be too busy, but try to take a few ics for us to see the set up!

3. Crunchie

Crunchie Brook Valley Farm

Mar 1, 2007
    Maryland
    [​IMG] I'm exhausted just reading your post! But it does sound like a lot of fun, though. A lot of work, but enjoyable. Good luck and have a good time! [​IMG]

4. Ladysonja

Ladysonja Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    Porter, Texas
    Good Luck my Friend - I hope the folks at the show enjoy themselves... I hear it can be very competitive.

Let us know how it turns out!

5. Coop-a-kick

Coop-a-kick Out Of The Brooder

Jun 2, 2008
    Altamonte Springs, FL
    Have fun, brave soul! I'll be thinking about you!

6. KingsCalls

KingsCalls Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2007
    New Market,Tn.
    The show went well. I was so nervous because I have always had a problem speaking in front of people. I made it but, boy was I sweating! We had only 66 birds show up but, most were nice birds. We had 2 big black Langshins(spelling) all the way down to very tiny little O.E. game bantams. My favorite was a standard white Cochin pullet....she was pure white and her feathering was just beautiful. The Judges favorite (or at least it got the Grand Champion of the show) was a bantam O.E. pullet. She was very nice. One of my white call duck hens got reserve grand champion and the big black Langshin got Champion large fowl.
    I was hoping for more birds but, a lady that does 2 local county fair shows said, for a new show we did very well. That got me excited for next year!!! I have 364 days to plan this one!!!!!!! We are going to try and get it sanctioned so that more people who show birds on a regular basis will come.
    Cyn,, If you read this.....your blue orp won best large fowl cockeral. The judge told me after the show that if he feathers out just a little more and gets slightly taller, that he would be a very good show bird and one to deal with!

Now I can rest...[​IMG]

7. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

What??? That's amazing! Well, what do you know? Suede's sons are just as special as I always thought they were. You realize I need more pics of my grandchicks....[​IMG]

8. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not only you gotta deal with the stress, you got the rewards!

9. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    [​IMG]
    I'm glad all the hard work paid off and things went well!

We, here at BYC, always knew that Cyn's birds were special-now a judge has confirmed it!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by