Pumpkin Puree

Charlene1234

In the Brooder
11 Years
May 11, 2008
How do I make real pumpkin puree? I bought Pie Pumpkins yesterday but now I don't know what to do?? I'm assuming I roast them with butter maybe but how long? Cut them up first in wedges? Hmmm...? I'd love to make REAL pumpkin pie this year. Thanks for the help.

I have boiled it and baked it. Either way I then let it cool and put in food processor or a blender. I puree until it looks like baby food. I also put what I don't need in the freezer. You can use the puree in pumpkin pie, bread,muffins, quiche or as soup. I make soup with it and add a little blue cheeze on top. Yummo.
ya.gif

Quote:
I do that too, and then it has more the consistancy of canned pumpkin. However, waste not want not, when making pie I will use dry milk mixed with the drained pumpkin juice (add water if there is not enough). I usually use approx. twice as much milk powder as called for, making a thicker liquid.

Here is a recipe for you.

16 oz packed pumpkin
1 box spiced cake mix
1/2 bag choc chips
1/4 cup water.

mix it all and bake at the temp and time called for on the cake mix. It's wonderful!!! you can actually use pumpkin to replace the eggs and oil in just about any cake mix. It's a Weight Watchers thingie.

I cut, seed, peel and chunk. Put in Crockpot. Cook down til soft. Blend with my immersion blender til smooth. Cook more with cover off til the consistency I want it. Freeze in freezer bags- I usually freeze in 1 cup measures for convenience.

Back
Top Bottom