Pumpkin Treats for the kids

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by SteveBaz, Oct 23, 2011.

1. SteveBaz

SteveBaz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2011
    Pacific North West
    We carved pumpkins last night with the grand kids and after we were done I cut up the slim stringy stuff and put it in a dish for them this morning and they destroyed it!!! [​IMG] Then I cut up and mashed the pumpkin and they did not like it. The seeds where interesting they kept sliding out of their beaks, so no go on the seeds but did I say they did like the string slimy stuff. it was cute. There was nothing left on the inside of the pumpkin lids they picked all 4 clean to the base. [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
  2. jtbrown

jtbrown Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Southeastern Ohio
    We Have two flocks, we split a pumpkin in half and gave each flock half. They went bananas -- ate it until it was a thin sel that folded like leather! Aren't they fun!

3. OldChurchEggery1

OldChurchEggery1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2011
    Virginia
    My chickens LOVE leftover pumpkins. In the summertime, they find there's no better treat than a watermelon. I think they must just like squishy things filled with seeds.

4. justafeedboy

justafeedboy Out Of The Brooder

Oct 8, 2011
    in my own little world
    I've been feeding my girls pumpkins almost ever day, where I work when they start to rot they get pitched, I cut out the bad area and get to take it home. I expected to remove the skin when they were finished but they ate it skin and all.

5. SteveBaz

SteveBaz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2011
    Pacific North West
    Quote:I have said it before they are like Little Dinosaurs!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by