Pumpkin

MrsDolittleDuck

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jul 29, 2013
Tennessee
For Those Who Feed Their Geese Pumpkin.

Can you tell me how you feed pumpkin to your Geese? Do you cut it up in small pieces, or do you just serve it to them in quarters? I give my Geese watermellon by cutting it in quarters on the rhine and they just eat the watermellon. I gave them pumpkin the same way, and they wouldn't touch it.
I would appreciate any tips you may have.

I quarter mine up and feed it to the geese, chickens, and ducks. They will handle up on it, as long as there's a hole in a pumpkin, they'll take care of the rest.

Last edited:
I just set my pumpkins on the ground, and the chickens will start pecking. When they get a nice hole started they will reach inside and start on the seeds until they are gone, then go back to the pumpkin. They love the pumpkin seeds when they are soft and tender--dried whole or ground seeds, not so much.

I gave mine cut up pumpkin and they came over and looked at it as if was going to attack them and ran from it. So much for mine with pumpkin. They looked like YUCK you eat it.....

Yes my dear it is OK to give them pumpkin seeds if they will eat them. Mine do in the seedless but mixture I buy them from Walmart. It has pumpkinseeds, sunflower seeds, peanuts and pistachio nuts all in it....

Hi RURU
Can I give them the pumpkin seeds right from the pumpkin with all the mush, or should I clean them from the mushie stuff (don't know what you call it??) and just give them the seeds?
The assortment of seeds you buy, do you just put the seeds in a bowl and let them eat them from the bowl? How do u feed them?
As usual..thanks for all info.

Hi RURU
Can I give them the pumpkin seeds right from the pumpkin with all the mush, or should I clean them from the mushie stuff (don't know what you call it??) and just give them the seeds?
The assortment of seeds you buy, do you just put the seeds in a bowl and let them eat them from the bowl? How do u feed them?
As usual..thanks for all info.

I just cut a pumpkin open and let the flock have at it.

Back
Top Bottom