Punctured egg...is there anything I can do?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by crystalchik, Sep 21, 2010.

1. crystalchik

crystalchik Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2008
    Central Florida
    I found an egg today and it has a small puncture through the membrane. I can see the chick moving in there and took it away from the hen. Is there anything I can do to sanitize it or seal it up? The chick looks like is about 18 days, it is fully feathered. It looks like it lost fluid as well. What can I do?

2. Kyhen

Kyhen Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2010
    Hart Co., Ky
    The only thing I can think of is maybe a little melted candle wax to seal the hole. Good Luck!

3. roosters4sale

roosters4sale Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2010
    missouri
    Hi. I think anything you try will be a risk. But, if your a greatly concerned , you can try a drop of super glue ( as little as possible) It's definately a risk ,but, at day 18 maybe the risk won't be as great. Tape is out of the question, as far as the humidity making the tape fall off and to much tape would sufocate the chick. I hope she hatches.

4. bahamas

bahamas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2010
    Well hey there. for a punctured or cracked egg as stated above these are great idaes. A dropof wite glue spreded very thinly over the spot will seal. But what i recomend is to do i smal brush of clear nail polish over it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by