PUPPIES HERE NOW...C SECTION.....PUPPY PICS..ABBY HOME

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by texaschickmama, Nov 14, 2007.

1. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    Well, Abby Sue is due this Saturday, but we are on puppy watch now. See how miserable the poor girl is? Don't worry she gets extra treats and her "birthing center" is all ready to go with her pillows and blankets.

[​IMG]
    Hunter, my black male, is concerned about his girl. Although, he is not the daddy. My neighbor has a regis. choc. lab that is the stud.

Here is a puppy from her last litter. Green eyes go to amber when they are a little older. Precious, huh. We get to spoil them (last time 9) for 6 whole weeks then I am very picky who they go to. This will be her last litter, only her second.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 18, 2007
  2. texaschickmama

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    Forgot to add that she is craving grasshoppers. She smells them out with that wonderful lab nose, and then stalks them and eats them up ......yum, yum, good protein I guess. [​IMG]

3. nickki99

nickki99 Out Of The Brooder

May 30, 2007
    North Carolina
    Look at the feet on that puppy! I know she will be glad when it's over. Labs are such good dogs. Good luck to your mama and hope everything goes well. Keep us updated.

4. chickengirlnm

chickengirlnm Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2007
    clovis, new mexico
    I was just thinking about you this morning !! was wondering how the waiting game was going? I am still looking for signs that my Abbey will be a momma- so far not much change in her, but I guess it is still early- with my other boxer we knew right away she was going to be a momma, but this is Abbey's first litter so we are just waiting to see.

wow that pup is so big - love those eyes to bad they change color, cant wait to hear about the new litter.
    Good to you and your Abby

Julie

5. texaschickmama

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    Hey, chickengirl, my Abby does not show until like two weeks before she has them. I can tell by her eyes. She gets this really pathetic look in them. She knows mama will give her extra treats. [​IMG]

6. chickengirlnm

Sep 4, 2007
    clovis, new mexico
    I am wondering if my Abbey has been having " morning sickness" she sleeps in a crate at night and every morning around 2-3am she has been throwing up, so I take her out while DH cleans her cage she gets a drink and if fine the rest of the day playing and eating fine, past few nights she has been wanting to sleep outside- it has been warm enough so we have been letting her but I hear her every morning at the water bowl ( which is under my bedroom window ) I go out and see if she is alright and notice she has thrown up, it is mostly just dog food- so I am starting to wonder about her.

Julie

Do dogs get morning sickness???

7. texaschickmama

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    I bet she is. They do get sick a little bit around week 2 I think. How far along is she?

8. chickengirlnm

Sep 4, 2007
    clovis, new mexico
    well hubby did not mark the day they hooked up but he has her due date as Dec 14/15.
    I am just not seeing any changes in her as of yet, but I know some dogs what till the last minute before you see any signs and since she has never had pups -we dont know how she will act or show- our other boxer girl starts eating ALOT and getting very aggressive towards other females almost right away and she seems to put on weight almost overnight.
    oh well just wait and see - i hate that part LOL

how is your Abby girl doing?

Julie

9. texaschickmama

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    Abby-Sue is great. She is out right now. But I am going to be keeping her in the "birthing center" overnight and when I leave the house. She is a trooper. I would be moaning and complaining. She is so special to me. Her eyes tell it all.

10. Standard Hen

Standard Hen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Massachusetts
    I hope Abbey-Sue does well, both she and her past puppy are beautiful. But it just pained me to see "Hunter" though. I had a big black lab named Hunter that I had to have put down due to old age will be three years this coming spring. He was a wonderful dog and my daughter and he grew up together. Whenever I see one I want to cry,,,,he was sooooo good and I still miss him terribly. They are nice dogs,,,keep us posted on the big event!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by