Puppies here, puppies there, puppies everywhere!!!! HELP! PIC HEAVY

EmtheFishLady

We're all mad here
11 Years
Jan 13, 2011
Glen, MS
Ok, so I lost my mini dachshund in May of last year just two days before my birthday. Until then I haven't been ready for a new dog. We have a longhaired chihuahua who really only likes my husband, and my standard poodle who loves me, but is too big to be a snuggle baby. Two days ago my husband told me it was time for me to get a snuggle dog again and that he was going to buy me one for our anniversary, Feb. 3rd. I told him I DID NOT WANT another Dachshund. I love the breed, but I don't think I could ever have another dachshund without thinking about Slink. So, long story short, I decided I wanted a toy poodle. Now the problem here is, I have no idea what puppy I want! I know I want a female. Period. I *thought* originally that I wanted a red, but the puppy I'm more leaning toward is white?!?! Anyway, I thought I'd post the pictures here and take your opinions.

Please don't lecture me about rescuing a dog, all our dogs have been rescues up until now and I just don't want another rescue dog. We have rescues dropped on us all the time, and we adopt them out. We did look at a poodle rescue, but their adoption fee's are as much as buying a puppy is... The benefit to getting a puppy is that she'll grow up with my one year old and not be shaky and scared around her like a rescue would. (Actually, we wouldn't even qualify for a rescue under most rescue organizations standards because we have a small child.)
These two are Toy size
01312011119.jpg

Another Toy size
0131111630.jpg

A Red toy that isn't quite ready. She was born Dec. 31st
downsize_2.jpg

downsize.jpg

A Parti Teacup
0201111231a.jpg

0201111231.jpg

And a white Toy
0131111901.jpg

0201111417a.jpg

I think they are too, but I don't like the black ones eye!
lol.png
She's cute...but I really don't like the parti, since it isn't an AKC recognized color.

Quote:
HAH! The last one is the one I kinda like the best. I'm honestly not sure why, because I LOVE the red too. Maybe it's because with a white coat she can be dyed?
lol.png

Quote:
I like the last white one. I'm not really sure *why* though, since I was originally looking for a red. I can't figure out if it's because he face is clipped, or because they painted her toenails and thus obviously care for her, or if it's just that she seems to be what I'm looking for...

Come on people, help me out...I have to make a decision today!!!

Oh my, they are all cute. I really like the first two. Ask to visit with the mothers and even the sires if possible. Pick the pup based on the temperment of the parents. After the death of our last house dog, we waited well over a year before getting another.

Back
Top Bottom