Puppies here, puppies there, puppies everywhere!!!! HELP! PIC HEAVY

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by EmtheFishLady, Feb 1, 2011.

1. EmtheFishLady

EmtheFishLady We're all mad here Premium Member

Jan 13, 2011
    Glen, MS
    Ok, so I lost my mini dachshund in May of last year just two days before my birthday. Until then I haven't been ready for a new dog. We have a longhaired chihuahua who really only likes my husband, and my standard poodle who loves me, but is too big to be a snuggle baby. Two days ago my husband told me it was time for me to get a snuggle dog again and that he was going to buy me one for our anniversary, Feb. 3rd. I told him I DID NOT WANT another Dachshund. I love the breed, but I don't think I could ever have another dachshund without thinking about Slink. So, long story short, I decided I wanted a toy poodle. Now the problem here is, I have no idea what puppy I want! I know I want a female. Period. I *thought* originally that I wanted a red, but the puppy I'm more leaning toward is white?!?! Anyway, I thought I'd post the pictures here and take your opinions.

Please don't lecture me about rescuing a dog, all our dogs have been rescues up until now and I just don't want another rescue dog. We have rescues dropped on us all the time, and we adopt them out. We did look at a poodle rescue, but their adoption fee's are as much as buying a puppy is... The benefit to getting a puppy is that she'll grow up with my one year old and not be shaky and scared around her like a rescue would. (Actually, we wouldn't even qualify for a rescue under most rescue organizations standards because we have a small child.)
    These two are Toy size
    [​IMG]
    Another Toy size
    [​IMG]
    A Red toy that isn't quite ready. She was born Dec. 31st
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    A Parti Teacup
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And a white Toy
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. mrslb333

mrslb333 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    The red one is adorable [​IMG] But I have to say my favourite would be the on with the black eye so cute [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. EmtheFishLady

Jan 13, 2011
    Glen, MS
    I think they are too, but I don't like the black ones eye! [​IMG] She's cute...but I really don't like the parti, since it isn't an AKC recognized color.

4. BlackBrookPoultry

BlackBrookPoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Western Wisconsin
    The parti teacup (with the black eye) reminds me of the Old English Sheepdog I used to have. And I'm sorry, but that last white toy pictured is so ugly. I'd go with the red.

5. mrslb333

Jun 15, 2010
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    They are too cute so hard to pick one which was the white one you liked?

6. EmtheFishLady

Jan 13, 2011
    Glen, MS
    Quote:HAH! The last one is the one I kinda like the best. I'm honestly not sure why, because I LOVE the red too. Maybe it's because with a white coat she can be dyed? [​IMG]

7. EmtheFishLady

Jan 13, 2011
    Glen, MS
    Quote:I like the last white one. I'm not really sure *why* though, since I was originally looking for a red. I can't figure out if it's because he face is clipped, or because they painted her toenails and thus obviously care for her, or if it's just that she seems to be what I'm looking for...

Come on people, help me out...I have to make a decision today!!!

8. mrslb333

Jun 15, 2010
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    I'd still go with the red. You could always give your husband the two options and tell him to surprise you [​IMG]

9. Lesa

Lesa Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2008
    Upstate NY
    Or...take two their small!!!!

10. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Oh my, they are all cute. I really like the first two. Ask to visit with the mothers and even the sires if possible. Pick the pup based on the temperment of the parents. After the death of our last house dog, we waited well over a year before getting another.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by