1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

puppy & chicks= lunch??

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by crumptz, Apr 1, 2012.

1. crumptz

crumptz Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2012
    Mountain View, CA
    Took my little peeps out for a few minutes to see the sun... up comes my 1 year old brittany to take a look at the action! Hmmm, young bird dog and young chicks... I have to build a good strong run![​IMG]

2. Loki0

Loki0 Out Of The Brooder

Your Brittany looks so cute! My family has a Brittany boy, he'll be 12 years old at the end of August and he's super healthy!

Now remember that the Brittany is a pointer, so they're less likely to go after prey-like animals then other hunting breeds. But all dogs are also unique, so you never know. Brittanys also have long puppyhoods, so they're still learning at a year old. Try supervised meets between the dog and the chicks, making sure the chicks are protected just in case.

But this is all up to you on how you go about this. I'm chickenless and not a expert, so don't take my words as foolproof.

3. quintinp

quintinp Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2010
    Southern Oklahoma
    I love britanny's. Used to have one, but had to get rid of it because it always ran off when we left.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2012
  4. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    Cute dog. My wiemaraners do the same thing. I have to say, they have never hurt one yet. :fl

5. MyNameIs86

MyNameIs86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2012
    New Jersey
    sooo cute!
    I guess dogs are curious too!
    Here's my pup... So loves to look at them but deadly afraid. She runs away when i show her in person.
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by