puppy love~cute pics

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Funky Feathers, Aug 6, 2010.

1. Funky Feathers

Funky Feathers former Fattie

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    This dog must really love me. Or my flip-flop. She loves one of us.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ScaredOfShadows

ScaredOfShadows Chillin' With My Peeps

Is she actually humping you leg/foot? STOP THAT EVERY TIME SHE TRIES!!! That dog is telling you SHE is boss, and you are her subordinate...Thats a very dominate behavior, and while it may be "cute" in a little dog - it is not - if you don't check that kind of behavior and make sure a dog knows your dominate and alpha - you're likely to have a snippy territorial mean little dog. - this is why you see so many yappy evil tempered little dogs - because they THINK they are in charge because the people LET them be in charge so they ARE in charge. [​IMG] I hate to see a perfectly good dog ruined by 'to cute to reprimand' - no matter size a dog is a dog - no matter a 3 lb mini yorkie or a 150 lb saint bernard - you treat them the same way - you can love them, hug them, kiss them, take them wherever you want to go, but do not let that kind of behavior become unchecked...You're asking for a very mixed up in the head little dog that will be aggressive to people whom she thinks is trying to take away "her human follower" ...

Put it like this - lol. heres a mental image for ya [​IMG] - would you allow a 150 lb saint bernard to do that and still think its cute? [​IMG]

3. brownlikewoah

brownlikewoah Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2009
    seattle
    Quote:agreed.... its not cute, its dominant behavior.

4. Funky Feathers

Funky Feathers former Fattie

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    It's not my dog. I only go to their house maybe 3 times a year. Is it not the owner's responsibility to train the dog? I was too busy laughing.

5. ScaredOfShadows

ScaredOfShadows Chillin' With My Peeps

fattie - ah yeah it is the owner's responsibility. I thought it was your dog - you didn't specify [​IMG] [​IMG]
    In that case if you find it funny - lol and the owners let the dog rule them - sure why not get a kick out of it - lol.

Except I was like that too, till I had a 100 lb boxer try the puppy love on me when I was 12...Yeah not cool and no longer funny. lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by