Puppy Mill!?!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by bobwhitelover, Jul 29, 2011.

1. bobwhitelover

bobwhitelover Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2011
    SOmerset
    So my Friend has a neighbor who we think is abusing her dogs!!! My Friend and her friend went inside the house because they let them in and they said it was TERRIBLE!!!! THere were puppies because the people don't seperate males and females. The bigger dogs were VERY thin! Heres what the girl said: "I wonder why they are so hungery i fed them 2 days ago" That might not be exzact but thats what my friend said. She said dogs are locked in tiny kennels males and females together and thats how the3y have puppies becasue they don't control them!!! Oh i wanted to go myself sometime and see how bad it is! I cannot stand People who treat their dogs like trash!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I think my friends were gonna try to be invited in again and take pics and then call the animal control! I hope they do it soon!

2. KFox

KFox Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2011
    It probably wouldn't hurt to just go ahead and call AC.

3. M@M@2four

[email protected]@2four Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    USA
    Just call animal control! That is just SICK! I'm glad you are doing something about it! Someone needs to be the voice for those poor creatures!!!

4. ladyride

ladyride Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2011
    East Tn
    Backyard breeders , puppy mils , about all the same to me anymore using small creatures to try & make money from them , the only one's suffering is the animals. [​IMG] I am working with a puppy mill survivor right now , he had to be cut out of his cage; [​IMG] it has been a sad journey but he is making slow progress. Love his heart , he has serious trust issues iamgine a dog that won't take treats from your hand, [​IMG] absolutely terrified to walk on a leash. It was heartbreaking when I brought him home afaraid of the grass, he is almost housebroke now. He runs the fence line with everyone else now when we come home. He has gained enough weight now that he doesn't look like a skeleton with fur. If someone can help those poor dogs please do . Every creature human or animal derserves food & water & basic attention. [​IMG]

5. A.T. Hagan

A.T. Hagan Don't Panic

Aug 13, 2007
    North/Central Florida
    So, this is a friend of a friend rant? About dogs you haven't yourself seen?

Your friend who actually saw the dogs may choose to contact your local Humane Society if they feel the situation requires it.

6. bobwhitelover

Apr 18, 2011
    SOmerset
    Quote:Yes but they don't want the puppies! They are just giving them away cause they don't want them! They should seperate males from females but they don't and i guess my friend said 2 more females are pregnate and they are in tiny kennels with the males!!!!!! I will post pics if i ever go there!

7. bobwhitelover

Apr 18, 2011
    SOmerset
    A.T. Hagan :

So, this is a friend of a friend rant? About dogs you haven't yourself seen?

Your friend who actually saw the dogs may choose to contact your local Humane Society if they feel the situation requires it.

This is my friend who went to my other friends house and then they went to the neighbors house. They both said its terrible!​

8. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Let your friend make the call. I am afraid if the breeder saw you with a camera, she may not allow you to take any pictures.

9. bobwhitelover

Apr 18, 2011
    SOmerset
    Quote:Ok i will let her know!

10. tiffanyg2

tiffanyg2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2011
    SC
    Quote:X2 - Just call you won't have to have any evidence they will show up and just do a search of the property!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by