Puppy Thread - *Share Pics/Stories of your Puppies*

Bleenie

Wyan-DO's
10 Years
Jul 14, 2009
The Beautiful Pacific NW ,WA
So I will start, lol.

These are from my Rotty girls last litter, she got loose and got hooked up with the neighbors Purebred White Korean Jindo (straight from Korea). Thankfully they ended up being very sweet tempered, adorable puppies
smile.png

DSC08042.JPG

DSC08066.JPG

DSC08057.JPG

DSC08107.JPG

DSC07959.JPG

DSC07999.JPG

DSC08046.JPG

DSC08048.JPG

DSC08057.JPG

DSC08058.JPG

DSC08059.JPG

DSC08013.JPG

I did the tail docking & dew claw removal myself when they were born. I had her first (Purebred( litter done at a vet and they looked TERRIBLE, some were almost tailless and others had really long 'nubbs'. I docked these because rottweilers have such thick, hard tails..that can Really hurt or cause damage around the house.

Last edited:
They're so CUTE!!!
love.gif
The little stubby tails are so cute! We once found a boxer and her tail was docked and I thought it was just adorable! Good job doing it yourself!
thumbsup.gif

AWW! And We dock the ears and tails of our schnauzer pups as well but we have finally found a vet we trust - I hate when they do a sloppy job.

LOVE your pups though!!! I wish i had pictures of our schnauzer litters.

I was really scared the 1st time i did it but they only yelp once then are fine. it hardly bleeds too, i guess ebcause the veins aren't so big yet.

the vet that did her first litter did it when they were 5 days old and the tails were already almost too thick for his scissors and he just did a nasty job. they did Not heal well either. They heal perfectly and with nearly no scar when i have done them myself. Their momma had her's done(by the previous owners) as a puppy and the vet burned it to close it up, she always had an ugly bumpy scar from it.

with doing it when they're born it heals up clean and the fur grows in all around it so you can't hardly tell it wasn't naturally(born) docked.

I think they're illegal here, but i cant remember, i did a lot of reading on them after i found out he was the daddy. He was a beautiful dog but the people he 'lived with' were obviously mean to him, he was a very sketchy dog. They were a bunch of farmhands that worked a field up the road and lived in the barn & tiny house on the property.

Quote:
Jindo's are always sketchy dogs. I have never seen one that I would trust with ANY stranger. First one I ever dealt with was when I was in school for dog training. Behaviorist had an appt. with this breed so I asked to sit in because I had never seen one. Dog was raised by very nice people (dog was also imported). This was one of the most aggressive dogs I have ever seen. Totally confindent and totally quick on the draw. Not a breed I think should even be in the U.S. IMO most Americans are not equipped to deal with a dog such as this breed.

What makes this breed super dangerous is that when they aggress they don't give any obvious warning. They just bite. No growl, no posturing, just hackles up and going for you.

Thats the same experience that I had when I was training dogs. I only had seen one. And he was very unpredictable, but that is the breed. Alot of asian breeds are like that, most not to that extreme though!

Your pups are cute and hopefully they take moms behavior, they definatey have her chartaristics! Very cute!!!
big_smile.png

actually almost all the jindo's in america are mixes.
and actually a lot of the ones being sold in korea are mixes too. korea still doesn't have a good puppy breeding system so there's a lot of puppy mills and lots of pet shops with small windows and puppies and such.

jindo's are considered a national treasure in korea and so purebred are registered and expensive and such. also really hard to export out of korea.

when they are mixed they tend to be not as good personality and harder to handle.

the purebred ones are amazing. they are loyal and extremely smart.

i used to have a purebred jindo when i lived in korea where it even came with its own royal pedigree since one of its ancestors belonged to the royal family so it had a special pedigree.

this dog was beautiful and extremely intelligent. maybe a bit too intelligent but eh..
and extremely good watch dogs. they dont like changes in ownership though. i left it in the care of relatives for 7 years but when i came back it still remembered me and listened to me because i was the one he considered his owner. (he wouldn't listen to my relative at all)

sigh... i loved that dog.
someone stole it though.... since its obviously an expensive looking show quality dog. they stole it right from our backyard.

anyways trying to help jindo's bad rep here in america....
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom