Puppy Vaccines

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by NYboy, Sep 13, 2010.

1. NYboy

NYboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2009
    White plains
    I have some puppy Distemper and parvo vaccines. Some how the temperature gage in refrigerator was turned all the way down, everything froze. Are the vaccines still good after freezing?

2. thebritt

thebritt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Humboldt County
    I wouldn't trust them, but you could probably call the manufacturer or a vet to find out for sure.

3. cdodehrn

cdodehrn Out Of The Brooder

Sep 13, 2010
    Lucama
    I wouldnt trust them either. I've been breeding canines for many u=years & wouldn't chance it. Not for pups or annual boosters

4. therealsilkiechick

therealsilkiechick ShowGirl Queen

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    nope because it would kill the modified live viruses in the shots they would not work after they have been froze. the color of it should change too when they spoil or r left out of the fridge to long also to help u to know they r not good. i buy my boosters at tsc they r about $5-7 depending on if i buy puppy, dog or cat vaccines there. i'd properly dispose of them and go to tsc and just buy new ones and give them.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2010
  5. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

I wouldn't use them either. Why risk distemper or parvo over 10 bucks or even 20?

6. cdodehrn

cdodehrn Out Of The Brooder

Sep 13, 2010
    Lucama
    HERE HERE!!!!!!!! Been there & God knows don't want to experience that again!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by